Saturday, August 17, 2013

Eid Mubarak...

Can you believe it's already 10th Hari Raya  already? How time flies huh. I kind of felt like Ramadan just zoomed passed us, but insha Allah it was another great one. It's always a bittersweet feeling for me when I hear the takbir because that means our special month of Ramadan has truly come to an end, and, the shaitans have come out to bug us all again, boooo them!

So I'm pretty sure I ate enough to cover the amount of food to cover my diertary needs for a week. How about you guys? So much for me listening to the imam during Eid prayers on watching your food intake during this time and nodding in agreement (yeahh rightttt). It's quite impossible to visit six houses and not eat at one because you don't want to hurt their feelings. Plus when there's a plate of lemang (glutinous rice) staring at me, it's quite an insult to the it if I didn't have some. And then right beside it is the table of kuihs (dessert and biscuits).

So while we have a really fun day, let's try our best to keep our Iman at a high even though we know how hard it is. So have an amazing day with our family and friends. May it be filled with Allah's baraqah, loads of salam greetings and smiles, finger licking food and a lot of love! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

selamat hari raya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...